Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, December 16th, 2008 (I'm always a little behind)

Outside my window....it is one of the coldest days that we have around these parts and I am utterly enjoying the dark clouds and freezing temperatures!!

I am thinking... that I don't see how universal healthcare can really work, but I am sitting, waiting, and wishing because it just costs too much

I am thankful for... today's weather; it makes me miss Yankeeland just a little less and happy where God has brought me

From the kitchen... Monkey Munch was made last night and I have been "munching" on it ever since. Just melt 1/2 c. peanut butter, 1 c/ chocolate chips, and 1/4 c. butter or margarine and pour over 9 cups of Chex; mix thoroughly; put into large bag with 1 1/2 c/ powdered sugar and shake shake shake! Refrigerate in airtight container...

I am wearing... one of two pairs of jeans that actually fit me, and an Old Navy pullover, because I swear by Old Navy sweaters

I am creating... a wine cork trivet for Christmas; to see how its done click HERE

I am going... to the bank this afternoon, a place that lately I like to avoid

I am reading... still Marie Antoinette, I wonder if I will ever finish that book; the librarians look at me funny because they have the look like "Renewing again??"

I am hoping...that Christmas is somewhat cold, that we make it through the beginning of the year, and that next Christmas will be better

I am hearing... Jingle Bell Rock courtesy of this blog

Around the house... Christmas presents are scattered all over because we cannot trust them under the tree thanks to Rory and Allie; kitchen items are piled up because a bunch of things were given to us and I have no idea where to put them; but I did get my gardenia planted and now its on the porch

One of my favorite things... a small ceramic Christmas tree that I painted as a little girl in ceramics glass, I will share it with you today
A few plans for the rest of the week... Wednesday nanny-ing and baking cornbread and mini pecan pies at the Boardwalk, Thursday baby again then FREE high school band Christmas concert, Friday buying police uniforms for hubby, and Saturday baking again!

A picture thought I would like to share with you

my ceramic tree

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Thanks for visiting my blog earlier this week, Sid! Your kittens are pretty mischievious but very cute! I enjoyed reading your daybook entries. Happy December! May your Christmas be marvelous!!